Tuesday 8 October 2013

Negative Space

Hey guys,


This is my first attempt at a negative space manicure and to be honest, I think it turned out pretty well. I set myself an hour aside to do this design but it was done in under 20 minutes!


I don't know the real technique for this type of nail art but here's how I did it anyway:
First, I painted my index, middle and ring fingers with a smooth glitter topper to make my natural nails look a bit nicer. I also felt it would add to the mani as I was only planning to use one other colour. Next I outlined the shapes for the negative space using a small, thin brush. I then filled in around the shapes with my chosen colour and hey presto! 

Quick nail art in minutes!


Colours used are:
Sally Hansen Diamond Strength - Diamonds (05)
Rimmel London Lasting Finish - Black Cherries (193) [the camera really doesn't show the colour properly - it's more of a dark burgundy than a purple]


I'd love to know if any of you have attempted a negative space design and what shapes you decided you use. 

Love Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment