Sunday 22 September 2013

Purple Mix and Match


I couldn't decide what to do on my nails so I chose to just do a skittle/mix and match manicure. I used purple tones because it's my favourite colour of the moment. I added a matte top coat to the design to add a little more depth - and because I love the finish of a matte nail.
(The light makes it look as though my thumb nail is chipped - it's not)
For my thumb nail, I did a chevron design using the lightest colour first and working to the darkest. For my index, I just painted my nails and placed light purple diamonds down the centre. My middle finger was the easiest as I just did 2 coats of the darkest colour and added the Nails Inc glitter topper over it. My ring finger was done by painting it with the lightest colour (as I didn't want to use the dark colour too much) and I just used a small dotting tool to create a polka dot pattern. For my little finger, I painted it again in the lightest colour and used striping tape to create a striped design.


Colours used:
Barry M Nail Paint - Berry Ice Cream
Barry M Nail Paint Gelly Hi-Shine - Plum
Nails Inc - Elm Park Road
Rimmel 60 Seconds - Oh Boy You're So Fine

Leave a comment if you like them and feel free to follow :)
Love Emily x

1 comment: