Tuesday 10 September 2013

London

Hey guys,


I went to London recently. These are the nails that I did. My thumb nail was supposed to be Big Ben but I had limited resources and little time so that is what I managed to create...I'm hoping you can tell that my middle finger is the London Eye :')

Colours used are:
Barry M Nail Paint - Blueberry Ice Cream
Rimmel Lasting Colour - Double Decker Red
Sally Hansen - White On

I actually come from Manchester, England however have never had the opportunity to properly explore my capital city. So when my boyfriend and I both had a spare weekend, we thought “why not?!” and hopped on a train. I have to say it was one of the best weekends of my life. IT WAS TRULY AMAZING. This is one awesome (if I do say so myself) picture that I took.


We only went for two days and one night and in that small period of time, I managed to do so many things that I've wanted to do for a long time. We went on a tour bus ride around the whole London (a super-touristy thing to do but we were short for time and wanted to see as much as possible). We then had lunch in this really lovely restaurant called Black and Blue, just outside Waterloo Station.


We then went on a river boat tour along the Thames which was good apart from the open top, the wind spray from the river. Wind and my hair do not mix well! Then, of course, we had to go on the London Eye. Typically, after such a beautiful day, it started to rain so I couldn't get any good pictures but it was still a great thing to do. 

The next day we went to Harrods and bought loads of things we don't really need but at the time it was essential to get 5 bars of chocolate and a teddy bear. We also went to Madame Tussauds, which I have to say, may have been the highlight of my trip. IT WAS SO COOL. I took about a thousand pictures, all of them embarrassing in some way but totally worth it for the memories. 

My weekend in London ended with a tube ride to Waterloo and a train journey home. It's safe to say I would do it all again in a heartbeat. It's funny how some of the best trips of your life can be so short and in your home country. 



That's all for now. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment